K & J Moxham Ltd t/a Moxham Books are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
K & J Moxham Ltd t/a Moxham Books may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
We are K & J Moxham Limited trading as Moxham Books. Our registered office is at 19, Eagle Way, Abbeydale. Gloucester GL4 4WS. Our company registration number is 07560166. Our registered VAT number is GB 108 9005 28. We are the data controller for your personal data which is processed or collected through our website or by other means.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address and/or telephone number
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information?
We may use the information you provide to:
- process sales transactions, handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- fulfil your requests – such as competition entries, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites – this could include customising the content and/or layout of pages for individual users
- record any contact we have with you
- identify contributors, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites
- to carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of users. This research may be carried out internally by our employees or we may ask another company to do this work for us
- communicate with customers
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- We are legally required to do so by a law enforcement agency or if compelled by an order of the Court or we believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights
- We are working with a specialist partner such as a mailing house, marketing agency, IT specialist and research firms that are carrying out work on our behalf. We may for instance ask them to send mail, emails, carry out research or analysis and process card payments. We only choose partners we can trust.
Storing your information
Information is stored by us and our selected providers on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files.
We place a great importance on the security of all personal information and we have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss of data will not occur while it is under our control or whilst it is being transferred, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owners, such as which pages you find useful or not. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies are used on this site to maintain functionality as you move between pages.
Links to other websites
Our website does not contain links to other websites of interest, but if it should in future, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes outlined above. We will keep different types of data for different amounts of time, as detailed below. For the purposes of this policy, ‘interaction’ is defined as any action taken on our website or emails, e.g. entering a competition, opening an email, changing email preferences. All timescales outlined in this policy are effective as of 25th May 2018.
K & J Moxham Ltd t/a Moxham Books do not retain credit card information.
After the above time periods have elapsed without any interaction, we will delete all personal information associated with your account. Please note that once data has been deleted, it cannot be retrieved and you will lose all benefits associated with your account.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We respect your Right to Access (the right to see what personal data we hold and process, and why) and your Right to be Forgotten (the right to have your personal data erased from our systems). To access your data, or request for your data to be deleted, please submit a formal query using our contact form and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, please write to us at K & J Moxham Ltd t/a Moxham Books, 19, Eagle Way, Abbeydale. Gloucester GL4 4WS.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last updated: May 2018